Correspondent Terry Moran out at ABC News, two days after suspension over Stephen Miller post

0
893

Correspondent Terry Moran out at ABC News, two days after suspension over Stephen Miller post

DAVID BAUDER

2 min read

Correspondent Terry Moran is out at ABC News, two days after the organization suspended its correspondent for a social media post that called Trump administration deputy chief of staff Stephen Miller a “world class hater.”

The network said Tuesday that it was at the end of its contract with Moran “and based on his recent post — which was a clear violation of ABC News policies — we have made the decision not to renew.”

The Trump administration, including Vice President JD Vance, quickly condemned Moran for his late-night X post criticizing Miller, which was swiftly deleted.

Moran had interviewed President Donald Trump only a few weeks ago. He said in his X post that the president was also a hater, but that his hatred was in service of his own glorification.

But for Miller, Moran said, “his hatreds are his spiritual nourishment. He eats his hate.”

Moran, 65, had worked at ABC News since 1997. He was a longtime co-anchor of “Nightline,” and covered the Supreme Court and national politics. During an interview with Trump that was broadcast in prime-time a month ago, the president said “you're not being very nice” in the midst of a contentious exchange about deportations.

In a particularly bad case of timing for him, Moran's contract with ABC had been due to expire on Friday, according to people with knowledge of the situation who were not authorized to speak publicly about personnel issues.

His post, a breach of traditional journalism ethics on expressing personal opinions on reporting subjects, came at what was already a sensitive time for ABC News. The network agreed to pay $15 million toward Trump's presidential library in December, in order to settle a defamation lawsuit over George Stephanopoulos' inaccurate assertion that Trump had been found civilly liable for raping writer E. Jean Carroll.

Trump aide Steven Cheung responded to Moran's exit on Tuesday with a profane comment on X, saying those who talk down the president and his staff “get hit.”

___

Buscar
Categorías
Read More
News
India's watchdog warns Air India for breaching pilots' flight duty timings
India's watchdog warns Air India for breaching pilots' flight duty timings By Aditya Kalra...
By Mystic Queen 2025-06-22 05:00:14 0 752
News
Former Tesla Dealership Manager Says It's "Game Over" for Elon Musk
Former Tesla Dealership Manager Says It's "Game Over" for Elon Musk Joe Wilkins Fri,...
By Mystic Queen 2025-06-15 05:00:12 0 939
Mysticism
Yes, there is a movement
Yes, there is a movement A few years ago I attempted to depict the new race/gender movement...
By Mystic Queen 2025-06-15 21:01:26 0 848
News
S&P 500 could push even higher by end of year: Chart of the Day
S&P 500 could push even higher by end of year: Chart of the Day Mon,...
By Mystic Queen 2025-06-10 05:00:09 0 907
News
'Peak 65': How 4.2 million Americans turning 65 will reshape money conversations
'Peak 65': How 4.2 million Americans turning 65 will reshape money conversations...
By Mystic Queen 2025-06-08 05:00:08 0 954
AtoZ Buzz! Take Control of the narrative https://atozbuzz.com