After purchasing a new Roku player, you are ready to watch the unlimited movies and TV shows on your TV. Before that you need to link your Roku player to your TV first. With a few simple steps, you can start to watch the movies and TV programs you have subscribed through hundreds of Roku channels including Netflix, Hbo Go, Redbox Instant, Fox Now, Vudu, Hulu Plus, TWC, Disney Channel, and so on.
Follow these simple steps to link the roku player to your TV:
Before you are going to activate your Roku player, sure that Roku player has connected to your TV correctly and they are in the same Wifi Network.
- Turn on your Roku Player, then your TV screen will show you a code that can be used to link the Roku player to your TV with the help of a Roku account. Keep your TV stay on this screen.
- Open the website www.roku.com/link in the web browser on your computer. Then enter the link code from your TV and click on the “Submit” button to continue. Code expires after 30 minutes. So please enter it as soon as possible. If it expires, use your TV remote to click the “Get a new code” button to retrieve a new one.
- If you already have an account, Sign in to your Roku account to complete the rest process. If you don’t have an account, follow the instructions to create one.
- To create a new account you have to visit www.roku.com and then click on my account. In that page you can find Create Account option.
- Click on that option and enter your details such as first name, last name, e-mail address and password to continue. Add a primary payment option for subscription channels.
Then your TV screen will show you a congratulations message saying that you have successfully set up your Roku player. It means that you can start streaming your favorite movies and TV shows now on the roku player. For more help visit their website www.roku.com.