Enjoy the beauty-food packed smoothie bowls for weekend breakfast. They are packed with nutrients to boost your natural beauty. The nuts and seeds are packed with skin plumping omegas, while the berries are chock-full of antioxidants that are beating of those aging free radicals. Iron in the dried berries and other minerals in your dried superfood berries are a great addition. Get creative and make your own beauty boosting breakfast. The ingredients needed for making a smoothie base are listed below and it serves for 2 – 3.
For Smoothie Base
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup organic frozen berries (I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 packet of froze acai berry purée (optional)
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut milk (light from a carton, *not* full fat from the can)
- 2 tbs of ground flax seeds
- 2 tbs of raw organic chia seeds from Earth Circle Organics
- 1/2 tsp organic ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Maca Root powder
- 1 Scoop of Greens Powder from Health Force Super Foods
- 1. Slice 1/2 banana
- Assorted fresh berries
- Nuts of your choice
- Dried super berries
- Bee pollen granules
- Really you can get creative, just add your favourite super foods, nuts and berries
- Simply blend the smoothie ingredients in a high powered blender for a few minutes.
- Pour into bowls.
- Decorate with your toppings.
Hope you get a chance to make you own version this weekend