It should be worthwhile to create a list of environmentally friendly products that can actually save your money. There is a direct relation between impact reduction and saving money, which means the more you reduce; the more you save. Reducing impact and saving money is awesome, when it combined together it will be very special. The following criteria’s must be compulsory to make list of eco-friendly products along with saving money. They are:
- energy saver
- material saver
- water saver
- pollution reduction
- toxin reduction
Home Energy Savings
- Emerson Programmable Thermostat is one of the top selling and high rated product versus non-programmable thermostat. It saves $180 per year. You can monitor and change temperature in your home while travelling.
- P3 Kill A Watt Energy Monitor is used to monitor how much energy that each electrical devices are using. It figures out how much energy that standby powered devices and how much it costs you. Actually it tells you how much amount and CO2 we are wasting with each device.
- TP Link Smart Plug With Energy Monitoring is also used to monitor energy usage through its app and also works as a smart plug with wifi that you can control from anywhere.
- Delta Low Flow Showerhead is a 2.5 gallon-per-minute(gpm) unit that can saves a family of four $260 per year. When compared to 5.5 gpm unit, it saves the heating costs a lot more. Also you can switch between 2.5 gpm and super economical 1.8 gpm without the feeling of not getting enough water.
- Woodbridge Dual Flush is a Water Saving Toilet that has an option of 1.0 gallon and 1.6 gallon flush and it saves thousands of gallons of water over its lifetime.
Food and Consumed Goods Waste Reduction
- Reusable Grocery Bags are environment friendly bags because plastic bags are not good for this planet and paper bags are resource intensive. Grocery stores are giving discounts if you bring bag on your own. You will get your money back and reduce your impact.
- Loose Leaf Tea Infuser/Strainer: The packaged tea bags are also a huge waste. Buying loose leaf tea in bulk and making your own is much cheaper and less wasteful.
- Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Products made from lemon, baking soda, white distilled vinegar, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide are 100% safe and more effective than store-brought toxic garbage.
- Try to buy a cheap and fuel-efficient car. Change the air-filters occasionally and keep the tyres inflated with free air.
- Always use bikes while going to work, use mass transit and going from 2 cars to 1 is always used to reduce your impact from transportation.